Thursday, October 05, 2006

This Could Be Why I Don't Knit Full-length Socks.

I always kinda thought that Second Sock Syndrome was when someone didn't want to finish the second sock, or just never end up making it. But, I have learned that it also means taking forever and a day to finish the second one. It's been 3 days since I finished the first of my Vesper Stripe socks, and I've only knit, like, 5 Rounds of ribbing on the second. And I don't want to finish this one, at least not right now. I just can't do it. I'm bored.

Like the title says, this could be why I don't knit full-length socks. I'd never finish a pair if I knit normal length cuffs. This is why I knit Footies.

Go read my mom's latest Blog, It's pretty important. Count on me for a scarf or a hat or two.

And I changed the layout again. I swear this is the last time... until Winter!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my word! I LOVE those socks! Very nice job. I'm learning to knit socks right this minute by watching Nenah Galati's Video called Socks 1. It's pretty good! Keep up the (hard) work!

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those socks are so cute!!! Love the colors. And don't apologize about changing up the theme... it makes things really interesting! I love looking at new themes.. haha

5:30 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

This is the best lay out yet!

Great socks, Abigail

5:46 PM  
Blogger Marion said...

I love this new layout! I need to look into changing mine, it's so dull.

As for the SSS, maybe you could knit the first sock in another pair, then come back to the second of these, then knit the second of the other pair?

10:33 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I laughed as I read your post because I just forced myself tonight to finish a 2nd sock. And I do mean "forced"... nothing short of sheer determination.

Anyway, your sock colors are amazing and I love your new blog design.

12:28 AM  
Blogger AR said...

But, your socks are so cute! I like this layout. It's perfect for this time of year!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

You're a good candidate to learn about knitting 2 socks at once ... http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall06/FEATextreme2in1.html

It's like preforming magic! hehe

11:24 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Your mom has a great idea....I'm gonna try and make something too and make a link to my blog.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Hi again Kaity - I love the blogs and buttons you design. Can you tell me how you do this? Is it special software or are the tools out there in cyberspace? I'd love to play around with some of this. Thanks.

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home