Friday, October 06, 2006

Socktoberfest Questionnaire and stuff

-When did you start making socks?
August, 2005, I think.
-Did you teach yourself or were you taught by a friend or relative? or in a class? I pretty much taught myself, although Grandma helped.
-What was your first pair?
My first actual PAIR of socks was THIS pair.
-How have they "held up" over time?
Not Well. Not well at all. They felted horribly.
-What would you have done differently?
Not knit them out of Alpaca yarn. What was I thinking?
-What yarns have you particularly enjoyed?
Um, I love Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport for socks, and Sockotta makes nice washable socks. I really wanna try Koigu one day.
-Do you like to crochet your socks? or knit them on DPNs, 2 circulars, or using the Magic Loop method?
I usually use 4 DPNs, but I knit a pair once on 2 circulars. I prefer DPNs.
-Which kind of heel do you prefer? (flap? or short-row?)
It depends on the pattern and needles. Usually a heel flap.
-How many pairs have you made?
10.

And, the sad part of the Post today, I frogged the Vesper Socks. I just can't knit them. We won't go into details, but it's gone. Someone take the Vesper Stripeyness away from me, I don't deserve it anymore.

We're going Camping in the Desert this weekend, Motorcycle riding, smores, campfires, that sort of thing. My Dad and Brother are riding their motorcycles, and My sister and her boyfriend are riding the mini-bikes. My sister even has her own Pink one. Here's a picture, just cuz they're so cute:

3 Comments:

Blogger Marion said...

Have fun in the desert!

10:00 AM  
Blogger DAWN said...

that is a cute picture. Have fun camping! smore's--yum!

6:11 AM  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I use to love camping, but I haven't been in years. I think it's something else "for the young," LOL. Have fun!!

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home