Friday, October 13, 2006

Ok, so I cheated, but It was for a good cause!!

Ok, I cheated on my Socktoberfest vow to only knit socks during October, but A good friend's Birthday is today and I decided to make her something. So, how about a hat?
It doesn't look all that good on me, but It's not for me, so I guess that's okay! Here's a close-up of the flower:

Look at the colors! Here's the info:

YARN: Lionbrand Wool Ease Thick and Quick in Fisherman and Mountain Colors New 3 Ply Wool in Juniper (For trim and flower)
NEEDLES: US Size 11 Circular (Knitted Flat), and US Size I Crochet Hook
PATTERN: Flower Cap from Midnight Knitter

I only did 2 things different from the Pattern. 1; I did 2 rounds of Single Crochet around the bottom instead of one. And 2; I made up my own flower, because the one from the pattern looked too big.

This pattern is awesome. I knit the white part in one episode of "Survivor" and one episode of "Grey's Anatomy". I would have finished the whole thing during that Time period, but I had to go find a crochet hook.

I'm going camping (Again) this weekend, this time to the beach for a Search and Rescue thing (Dad's a lieutenant in Search and Rescue). Should be fun, although it has been raining off and on for a while. Keep your fingers crossed! See ya.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay you're crocheting! i love the hat!! and the flower is a cute embellishment.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Marion said...

That looks great. I love the color combo.
Have fun camping this weekend!

7:09 PM  
Blogger DAWN said...

Cute hat (Missa has some great patterns). It is okay to cheat when it comes to knitting.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

It does so look cute on you...you should model crochet/knit things...you're adorable!

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home