Tuesday, October 17, 2006

FO(s): Optimum Hats

I bought a skein of South West Trading Company "Optimum" from my local yarn store's Sale Basket to knit a hat for my Dad for his Birthday. Hats are the only Knitted things that he will wear. So, I knit one and had (barely) enough for another. So, the other one is getting donated to Christmas Knits to Help "One at a Time Ministries".

Yarn: Stated Above. This yarn is Amazing, it's sooo soft! It kind of looks like Cotton, but Feels like Cashmere, even though it's Wool. 1 Skein in "Silver"
Needles: US Size 10 Straight
Pattern: "One Flat Hat"

This pattern worked out well, It knits up in about 1.5-2 hours. And, it fits well (on my head, at least). I hope my dad Likes it. I have about 2 feet of yarn left from my skein, so I guess that worked out pretty well!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay for quick projects!!! yea, after my sock projects, i'm definately going to make more of those mini-sweaters too. =)

8:58 PM  
Blogger Marion said...

Oooh I love Optimum. So soft!

The hat looks great, too. I'm sure your dad will love it.

11:14 PM  
Blogger JustApril said...

Very nice hats, very nice donation =)

7:24 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Thanks for the patterns....I'm looking for more easy hats to knit for the picky college son.

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These look great, Kaity. That looks like an easy pattern -- just my speed. Am I correct in assuming it would be easy to size down a bit for a little boy that we know?

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home