Tuesday, September 19, 2006

You Spin me right round, Baby, Right Round.

SO, the lovely lady at the yarn/fiber store next to my school loaned me one of her very own wheels, woo hoo!! I'll only need to borrow this one until Christmas (hint hint MOM). Ah! I'm so excited! Spinning on a wheel is so much fun. I learned at the store with some ugly brown wool, then brought the wheel home and practiced some more with the ugly wool. They, I figured I was doing good enough to start on the pretty fancy roving I bought while I was there. I chose these colors because there has been entirely too much blue/green action going on. Anyway, Wanna see what I can do?

Awww, it looks so cute. I just spun up a tiny bit of my fancy fluff, then tryed to ply it. This is what I got:
Looks like sherbert! I'm so excited! I've already filled up one bobbin with half of the roving in this color that I bought, then I'll spin the other half and ply them to make more of what you see above. Mom already has plans for the yarn she wants me to spin for her.

Oh yeah, I have a secret project I'm knitting right now. I'm about 10 rows from being done, then I'll show you.

Night!!!

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, it looks very pretty. One of these days I will sit down and learn to spin. But then it would cut into my knitting time. So, I am unsure...knitting or spinning. Oh, tough call.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Beautiful work Kaity! I'm very impressed.

11:12 PM  
Blogger AR said...

awesome! Good job!

5:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great! I am very envious but happy for you!

6:30 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Definately sherbet!!!!! Looks great!

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Kaity! I was with you yesterday around noon when you first sat down at the wheel. And this post with the yummy orange sherbet yarn last night before bed? You are truly amazing. Keep it up. You definitely got the Grandma crafty gene, but you're making it all your own! Love it.

8:24 AM  
Blogger JustApril said...

Dreamcicle =) Makes me hungry.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

that's gorgeous, kaity! the colors are beautiful. :)

4:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wonderful job! I have resisted the lure so far. My friends have tried very hard to get me there. But I have too much yarn to knit up know!! You're Mom is one lucky lady!

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It does look like sherbet.

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll keep dropping hints to your Mom about the Christmas wishes :)...very nice work.

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! Looks wonderful, great job!

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home