Sunday, September 03, 2006

Wanna see my newest Irish Hiking Scarf? I love this pattern!! But, you already know that.

This one is going to be softer than the green one, but I like the color of the green better. This scarf is good school and bus knitting.

And, here's my Questionnaire for the Spinning Roving Swap I signed up for.

1) How long have you been spinning?
Um... Since June. Not very long.
2) Are you a beginner, novice, or experienced spinner?
Very beginner. I can spin on a drop spindle and... thats about it. I'm not very good.
3) Do you spin on a drop spindle or wheel, or both?
Drop Spindle, but I'm trying to buy a wheel.
4) What types and weights of drop spindles (or what type of spinning wheel(s) ) do you currently own?
Um... I don't know. I have a spindle that my grandma gave me, and thats about all I use. I don't know weight, I've a beginner.
5) What type of fibers have you spun with before?
Wool, and I have a bag of uncarded (or whatever its called) Alpaca. Also, I have some Soy Silk stuff thats almost impossible for me to spin.
6) What fibers do you prefer to spin with?
Wool. Maybe Alpaca, I haven't tryed that before, but I like stuff thats easy to spin. Silk Hankie are so great.
7) What fibers do you dislike?
Um... I don't really know, I havent tryed a whole lot.
8) Do you prefer natural colored fibers, or handpainted/dyed fiber?
Handdyed. More fun that way.
9) Would you prefer all one type of roving or smaller amounts of different types to sample?
Probably all one type.
10) What are you favorite colors?
Greens, browns, blues, golds, stuff like that.
11) What colors do you dislike?
Um, probably Oranges and Reds.
12) What would you like to do with your handspun yarn, or what do you plan to do with it? (pattern clarification here)
Knit something, like an accesory. A hat or mittens.
13) What spinning projects are you currently working on?
I'm spinning some handdyed wool from my friend Heather.
14) Do you have a wishlist?
No
15) What are your other favorite hobbies?
Knitting and Sewing
16) Do you have any allergies (pet, smoke, food, fiber,etc...)?
No. But I would prefer some fluff that didn't smell like smoke.
17) What is your preferred shipping method (USPS, UPS, FedEx)?
Doesn't matter.

1 Comments:

Blogger DAWN said...

that is just as nice as the green! I may have to make one for a Christmas gift this year.

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home