Friday, September 01, 2006

FO: Irish Hiking Scarf

Yarn: Cascade 220
Needles: US Size 9 Straights
Pattern: Irish Hiking Scarf Color #7814, I think. 2 Skeins.

I'm a fringe kinda girl, so I opted to fringe this baby. I think it turned out so wonderful, I'm so proud of it. I love this scarf. It's a little overkill for the weather where I live, but I don't care. Usually, when I knit something, I'm done with the pattern and I don't make another, but I want to cast-on for another scarf! My next will be 2 cables wide, as apposed to 3.

I learned a new skill while knitting this, too. Cabling without a cable needle is definatly the way to go. SO much faster. Here's a tutorial. One warning, though. Sometimes you could get a funky-looking Cable, but if you push your stitches down onto the full diameter of the needle, then your fine.

Here's a Close-up.

11 Comments:

Blogger AR said...

Very nice! Great job.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oooooh, your scarf turned out beautiful. I love the green color.

4:20 PM  
Blogger mary said...

The scarf looks great and gave me inspiration for a 2 cable scarf too made out of malabrigo for a friend. Was there a link for the cabling without a needle tutorial?

4:43 PM  
Blogger Kaity said...

Mary: Sorry, I forgot to put the link up, it's there now.

4:55 PM  
Blogger jillian said...

Gorgeous - perfect color for an "Irish" scarf!

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! Nice color, looks nice and squishy. You'll love this one.

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, it came out so nicely!! love the cables.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Marion said...

That looks great! What color is the next one going to be?

7:56 PM  
Blogger DAWN said...

Looks fantastic and that is definately green!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

It's deffiantly a great scarf! I loved knitting it also. Mine was blue but I like your green one better.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm seeing this scarf everywhere & it always catches my eye. I'm totally digging the green (like the London Calling cover shade of green, it seems). Thanks for the link to that tutorial. I'm definitely adding this baby to my list.

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home