Thursday, September 28, 2006

Argh.

So, I'm knitting socks as a thank you for someone, and I finished one last night. These socks just don't want to be knit. Here are my reasons:

First: I'm knitting them toe-up, and when I cast-off, they where to tight to get on. Poo. So I had to rip out the cast-off and do a Sewn bind-off. Not so bad, but this little incident did set me back.

Second: I put the needles and the yarn in my backpack to start the second sock at school. Then, when I picked up my backpack to get off the bus, the pocket was open, and some stuff fell out. So I grabbed the stuff and stuffed it back into my backpack. But, in my hurry to get my class, I guess I didn't realize that I didn't grab my yarn, so I lost the yarn to make the second sock. Stupid Kaity! Now I have to wait until Monday to get another skein of yarn to finish the socks.

Argh.

4 Comments:

Blogger nihal said...

awww poor thing.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Marion said...

Ooooh bummer. That's no fun.

What I usually do when I knit socks toe-up (because I'm too lazy to do a sewn bind-off) is bind off with a size 8 or 9 needles. It looks a little bit funny but it works. :)

7:08 AM  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

What a bummer of a day!!

I discovered a neat bind-off that's more fexable ... when you knit the first stitch put it back on the left needle ... then reach your right needle inside to knit the 2nd stitch from under the first. The 1st is automaticly moved over the top as you do this. The stitch now on your right needle goes back on the left & you reach in for the 2nd stitch again & knit. Give it a try. I use only one size larger needle when I do this & it gives a really flexy finish. *smile* Makes me a Happy Camper!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Maybe someone needed a skein of yarn today and you sorta were their angel.

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home