Saturday, August 19, 2006


So, I started spinning that Roving the Heather hand-dyed just for me, and I think it's turning out pretty well. I'm thinking about leaving it Single Ply Sport-weight to make mittens or gloves. I haven't been spinning a WHOLE lot, becuase I'm kinda holding out for a spinning Wheel. I really want one, but I can't find one. I placed a bid on ebay for one, but I lost. Then I figured out that I could rent one from the local Spinning and Weaving guild, but apparently they are only for "experienced" spinners. So, my quest for a cheap, used spinning wheel continues.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh, that roving yarn looks so pretty, the colors really yummy!!

9:57 PM  
Blogger LC in Sunny So Cal said...

Hey!..talk to Lois at Anacapa...maybe she can get you a line on a used wheel..

I'm just so envious that you can spin to begin with!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Mouse said...

Love the color of the roving. Not sure exactly what your idea of "cheap" is but I'd go look online at Babe Wheels (they're $150 new). They are made from PVC pipe but people buy them all the time and really like them as a starter wheel. The only thing I'd watch out for on Ebay is making sure you have a wheel that is complete and usable. I'd also try to go to your local Spinning Guild and try out some wheels to determine what type you'd be interested in before you plunk down a lot of money on one.

8:06 AM  
Blogger elizabeth marley said...

I got my wheel, a Louet, for $150 on craigslist. It was kind of kismet finding such a deal, but it might work out for you too. I just put up a post that said I was looking for a wheel and someone contacted me.

I also know a few people who got wheels from the "free" section of the newspaper and at yard sales. Just keep your eyes peeled.

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home