Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Um, is it just me?


Or does this wristlet-fingerless glovev thing look a little weird to you? Kinda short, and I'm not too fond of the picot bind-off. When I saw them in Knitty.com I kinda felt the same, but I figured I would knit it anyway and see for myself. So I just finished one about 5 minutes ago. Nope, still weird. I'm frogging this one. I guess they would keep your wrists warm, but they don't go up very far on the fingers, so they feel kinda weird on, too. Anyway, I'm off to frog it.

Have a good night, my friends!

5 Comments:

Blogger LC in Sunny So Cal said...

You're right. They look hinky. I think the picot edge makes it look like someone just chopped off some regular gloves and they've curled up.

Frog away, dear girl!

8:39 AM  
Blogger tawnyatay said...

They kind of look a bit strange, but it sucks to frog! I love the cuff, but the rest of it is weird.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Sssarahevt said...

Your right. I would skip the cable crossover near the knuckle and do a normal bind-off. I have a pair of similar length and LOVE them, but they are tighter as well...maybe smaller needles? Good thing they're soooo quick to knit!!

9:15 AM  
Blogger vinny said...

im not into mine either. they looked nice and feel nice but when i put on the finished ones they are too short at both the wrist and the fingers, and the thumb feels all weird too. im frogging.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Knitted_Painting said...

I was actually thinking that when I saw them on Knitty...I also thought the fact that the knuckle part is just a big hole is kinda weird and unpracticle I love the cables in it though so I might use it for something else.

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home