Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Importance of Learning to Knit

A friend called me this morning and told me "I'm sorry it's so last minute, but I'm having a party tonight for my birthday." So I told her I had to go to Youth group, but I would come by afterward.......... Then I suddenly thought "Oh crap! I need a present!"

So I knit her a new pair of wristwarmers. I crocheted some for her for Christmas and she loved them, so I knit these up in about 3 hours.

Yarn: Noro Kureyon, 1 skein.
Needles: US Size 8 DPNs
Pattern: Cast on 36 sts, knit in the round: 2x2 ribbing until thumb, cast off 6, then cast on those 6 again on the next round. Rib for about an Inch and a half. Easy.

Thats why learning how to Knit is a good thing. You can make cool stuff and impress all your friends at parties, haha.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

You a GOOD!!! Nice job!!

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you impressed me, as usual! Your friends are lucky!

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice!!! I'm learning now so I'm not that fast but WOW! I love it!

10:04 AM  
Blogger DAWN said...

You are like a little wizard, you are. Cool!

4:19 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

I do love those wrist warmers. Just perfect for a fabby gift.

You are absolutly right. If you want another gift idea, skip on over to my blog and check out what I made with the help of a very clever chap!

8:57 PM  
Blogger MsFortuknit said...

These turned out great!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I just found your blog thru the contest at Susie's.

I have been looking for a pattern like this for ages. This one is PERFECT! Thank you!

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home