Saturday, July 08, 2006

FO: Butterflies Madge

Listening to: Sweetness by Jimmy Eat World (I LOVE THIS SONG!)



Yarn: My own Handspun
Needles: US Size 8 16" Circular and DPNs
Pattern: Madge from Knitty Spin

The pattern says that it's a great hat to make if you don't have a lot of yardage. The way the pattern is writen, that's very true, because if you knit it exactly As-Is, the hat turns out SHORT. I finished the hat and it was way to short. I had to pick up stitches along the Cast-on edge and add ribbing to make it long enough to wear. I love how it turned out, although It is a little hard to see the lace pattern. If your going to make it, start out adding about an inch and a half of ribbing before you start the pattern.

I always feel proud when people are impressed that I made something I'm wearing. Now I can't wait to wear this hat and say "Yeah, I knit it. I spun the yarn, too."

Very Cool...

PS: I saw "Pirates of the Carribean: The Dead Men's Chest" Last night. Soo good! A little unrealistic at some parts, but freakin' Hilarious! Seriously, Johnny Depp is amazing, not to mention BEAUTIFUL! Yowza.

10 Comments:

Blogger Marion said...

The hat looks great!

I was going to go see Pirates last night, but we couldn't get tickets for any shows earlier than 11:30... I'm glad to hear that it was good.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Mouse said...

Great hat! Can you tell me how many yards of your handspun you ended up using on the finished hat? I'm curious as to whether I have enough of this 3 ply merino I just spun up to make it. I haven't made anything with my handspun yet and am waiting for the same situation.. "oh.. I MADE the hat AND the yarn"!!

2:01 PM  
Blogger jillian said...

You are getting so wicked good! Beautiful.

I can't wait to see Pirates...and yum, Johnny Depp.

2:51 PM  
Blogger AR said...

That is so seriously cool that you knit that AND spun the yarn! I'm gonna learn to spin and impress people even more than I already do. LOL! I saw Pirates this wknd. I loved it!!

11:45 AM  
Blogger SAM said...

That hat is AWESOME! You are spinning all this on a spindle? I am very impressed!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Love the hat! You have great talent and creativity for such a young person.

6:08 PM  
Blogger tawnyatay said...

Hello, Ms. Kaity -- blogspot says you accepted the invitation to Knucks KAL, so you should be able to post. If you still have trouble, I'll send you another email.

<3

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is probably one of the PRETTIEST hats I've EVER seen! LOVE the homespun! Absolutely stunning!

7:04 PM  
Blogger knittydoll said...

YEAH!! Looks fan-TAS-tic! I'm gonna make one! I'm gonna learn how to spin so I can spin yarn to make it! Great job really... :)

1:36 AM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

Hey! I'm making Madge now and I had the same thought - this is going to be ONE short hat! Do you think the lace pattern fits tightly enough that if I added rows of it (rather than ribbing), it would hug my head? One of the reasons I chose this pattern for my handspun is the lace pattern. I'd appreciate any pointers (I just discovered the errata for Row 19, I was muttering to myself, there's no way this is going to work, not enough stitches.... Thanks!

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home