Sunday, July 23, 2006

......


I had a babysitting Job ALL WEEKEND. From Friday Morning until about half an hour ago. I just got home... I think I'll wait awhile until I have kids. That was a lot of work, and I don't think I was paid enough, but oh well. I will say one thing. All that babysitting is great for knitting. I knit this pair of socks while babysitting.

Yarn: Plymouth Sockotta (I think. I kinda lost the label. There was just one ball at my LYS, so I bought it. That's why they are footies.)
Needles: US Size 2 Double Pointed
Pattern: No pattern, but a reference to Ann Budd's "The Knitter's Handy book of Patterns" for the Heel turn.

So, that's a good thing. This is the first pair i've made that I didn't try to match up. As it turned out, they are kinda opposites of each other, but I like them that way.

3 Comments:

Blogger AR said...

Those are very cute footies. I can imagine what a weekend with kids for someone without any could be like. Haha! I do it everyday! Hard work, isn't it?

8:31 PM  
Blogger Marion said...

They look great. I like the opposite-matching stripes.

Don't you just hate not getting paid enough for babysitting? I think people forget what hard work it can be.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Holy Socks, Batman...those footies match your blog....you ARE creative!

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home