Thursday, June 15, 2006

I'm getting better!

My first attempt at spinning really sucked:

Then I practiced more and more and now I'm getting better. I can pretty much make it basically the same width and uniform looking if I try, which was my biggest problem. Here's what I just finished this morning:

I bought 8 oz of White Corridale Wool from my new local yarn shop and Kool-aid dyed half of it Grape and the other half Black Cherry. I've only spun up about 4 oz. Of it so far. There's about 52 yards. I plied it, too. The colors kinda remind me of the Circus.

Next up I think I'm going to work even harder to make it all the same width and spin up some single ply stuff. But first I need more fiber!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Both photos of spun yarn lookgreat to me. But I am no spinner. LOL! I love the pink and purple one together...LOL!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Mouse said...

there is a cute hat to make out of handspun on Knitty.com in the Knitty Spin section.. you might have enough of the purple/pink to make it.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Marion said...

Wow, what a difference in the two yarns! The pink/purple looks really great. :)

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually your first handspun is pretty damn even. Nice job. Love you barber pole yarn!

11:06 PM  
Blogger jennifer said...

look at you go!!!! i love the 2-ply!
you should check out kpixie for some rovings, and then also try perchance to knit's etsy shop (http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=16673)

1:01 PM  
Blogger DAWN said...

Congrats on your first spin! I think they both look great--

3:42 PM  
Blogger JustApril said...

I like them both, too. I enjoy knitting with yarn that is different thicknesses because it looks cool to me. Of course it's frustrating when you want it even
=)*)

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home