Monday, May 01, 2006

That's the Sock yarn that I bought yesterday. I was in a hurry and I knew I wanted a skein of Claudia's to make footies with, so I grabbed this color. They had a very limited selection. I'm not Crazy about it. Mom pointed out, howver, that they match my nasty old Chuck Taylor's perfectly:
Yeah, they are old, and I have pretty new ones, but I love these puppies. They are mega-comfy. You can't tell from the picture, but they are fallin apart soo bad. The whole sole of my right shoe is slowing ripping away from the rest of my shoe, haha. So, I'm not throwing them away until the rubber falls off all the way or my toes start popping out or something. And that big hole on the side? Hello! Thats so you can see my handknit socks! Duh!

4 Comments:

Blogger DAWN said...

Wow, that does match and I totally respect a woman who hangs onto her Chucks. . .and with the new sock, they will have miles left on them, I'm sure.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I'm working really hard on my socks for the swap...poor Melissa...I hope she has a good sense of humor!!!

8:24 PM  
Blogger Marion said...

Aren't old Chucks the greatest? And how perfect that they show off your socks. :)

9:37 PM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

My chucks were also my fencing shoes (UCSC Women's Foil '92-96) and lasted only by sheer willpower and thanks to my coach, gorilla glue.

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home