Friday, April 21, 2006

Yay! It's Friday!! Tomorrow I'm going shopping to pick out my Prom Dress! Woo-hoo! I'm way excited! Anyway, here's my big Discovery of the week. Yesterday, I discovered I can knit and read at the same time. I dont think I could knit, say, a sweater or something fancy while I read, but a sock works just fine. This is big news for me, because I have to read this Monster of a book by next friday for my English Class. But, If I knit while reading, I'm killing two birds with one stone (I really hate that saying). So here's what I'm knitting while reading:

Thuja socks for my boyfriend. He wanted green, and I wanted to make them at a larger guage, so I think this works out well. I'm lovin this pattern, too. I gotta say, for me, this Plymouth Encore is the New Wool-ease. It's softer, it's got beutiful stitch definition, it might cost a couple dollars more, but I love it.

Also, I whipped this up last night real quick:


I got this really cute new purse last weekend (Mine's bright green!), and I use it everywhere, School, shopping, wherever. But, It doesn't have a pocket for my iPod, And so it justs sits in there with all my pens and stray DPNs, and I'm always worried it will gat scratched, so there you go. Now it's protected.

9 Comments:

Blogger Marion said...

Knit and read? I've always wanted to try that but I could never figure out how to hold the book open. How do you do it?

I'm liking the socks. Encore is the greatest, especially for guys. It never occurs to them that something might need to be hand washed. :)

Have fun prom dress shopping!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I just stumbled across your blog and I must say that I absolutely love it! You do an AWESOME job knitting!
Good luck finding a prom dress. Prom for my little cousin (like my sister) was last weekend and I had a blast getting her ready and taking lots and lots of pics.
I even knitted her a cute felted bracelet bag from the pattern over at Crazy Aunt Purl's. Anyway, great blog! :)

11:01 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

ooh, prom!! you definately have to post pictures so we can see how it goes =)
as for your ipod cozy, did you CROCHET that??? great job! =)

12:12 PM  
Blogger DAWN said...

Cleaver, girl.
Hope you find a kick butt dress for prom!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I love old navy...especially the purses. They also have the only jeans that will fit me right! Love the I-pod cover!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey K! I just wanted ot let you know that something is up with my blog and the domain it is hosted at. So, I am temporarily blogging at blogger. (http://knitlani.blogspot.com/)
I will keep you posted when that may change back to my regular blog. HUGS and have a fabulous weekend.
Love Lani

5:14 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

i love your ipod case that is a really nifty idea!!!

8:22 AM  
Blogger JustApril said...

Wow, that's talent, girl! LOVE the Ipod case thing, very very cute! =)

The closest I've gotten to reading and knitting at the same time, is audio books -snerk- cheating! hahaha, I DO love it tho.

12:02 PM  
Blogger LC in Sunny So Cal said...

*ahem*

I'm having a slow weekend. I'm here, waiting for pictures of "The Dress".

Wait...your mom is letting you go to the prom? Is the Bud chaperoning??

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home