Monday, April 03, 2006

Fantasticness All Around

I found a use for that fabulous Lorna's Laces Shepherd's Worsted I bought, meet the very beginings of a "Branching Out" Scarf. My first official lace project. I've never really knit anything Lacey, and It's soo fun! You have to pay attention, but not too much as you can't watch TV while doing it, which is good. I love this yarn soo much, so soft. I couldn't wait to get home from school so I could work on it.

In other fantastic News, I am going to see Fall Out Boy tomorrow night!!! I'm so excited, these guys are soo cool and energetic. I love their music, so it should be a really great concert.

"I'm two quarters and a heart down
And I don't want to forget how your voice sounds
These words are all I have so I'll write them
So you need them just to get by"

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky...

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That scarf looks awesome already. I would have thought the varigation would get in the way, but that's what I always think about varigation. Oh, and happy 18th!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Mouse said...

Your branching out scarf looks great! Once the pattern starts to make sense its actually a really easy lace pattern (if you aren't trying to finish it during the knitting olympics.. lol) and you start to have fun with it.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Great looking scarf...you're really talented! My son is taking a gal pal of his to see the Fall Out Boy in Pittsburgh PA on April 22. If you have a chace check out his MY SPACE (his pic is a link on my blog) and let him know how it was. (tell him I sent ya!)

4:40 PM  
Blogger Marion said...

The scarf is looking great! I wouldn't have thought to use a varigated yarn for Branching Out, but I like it.

One of my friends is going to the Fall Out Boy concert tomorrow night, too. Have fun!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

pretty pretty! i loved the branching out scarf - that was my first lace too =)

5:13 PM  
Blogger LC in Sunny So Cal said...

So, Missy...how has life changed since hitting the big one-eight??

You still have one suprise-y-poo headed your way...watch for the UPS or USPS guy/gal!!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Gorgeous yarn and great looking scarf...

Happy Birthday (a little late) and have fun at the Fall Out Boy show. I'm sure it will be great!

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fall Out Boys???

I guess that's what happens when you have kids and graduated HS 10 years ago.

I have not Idea who these guys are:o) Sad. Very sad, I really have to get back in the loop! I do know one thing--I so, what "red shirt dude's" hat!

Have fun and dance your heart away!

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home