Friday, March 31, 2006

FO: Super-Duper Sockies

Yarn: I think it is Sockotta, I kinda lost the label. I skein.
Needles: US Size 4 Double Pointed Needles
Pattern: I made it up, but just a plain old basic sock pattern.

I discovered the greatest thing ever; double stranding sock yarn. You get all the cuteness of sock yarn and the stripes, but your socks are done in a snap. I finished these puppies in 2 days, 1 day per sock. How awesome is that? And they are soo cute, If I do say so myself. I forgot I even had this yarn, until I was digging through my stash yesterday and found it. These colors remind me of crayons, or Sesame Street. They will be my "Happy Socks". They are a tad loose around the ankles, but I can live with that.

10 Comments:

Blogger Lynda said...

They match your new blog colors perfectly!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Marion said...

Those are so cute! I love the colors.

2:25 PM  
Blogger JustApril said...

They're totally socktastic! So... I guess the yarn is died in very specific increments so that two strands change colors at the same time?

2:49 PM  
Blogger LC in Sunny So Cal said...

Very cute!...if they're just a smidge too loose at the ankle, weave a strand of elastic thread in the ribbing for a row...nice and snug!

You're socktastic!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

love them. I enjoy wacky colors and stripies. Yay for sockies.

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute indeed!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Very, very cute! And because you double stranded them, I bet they last longer.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I love those colors...nice job!

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday for yesterday! I hope you had a great day!

Ruth

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! I hope you had a wonderful day filled with family, friends, cake and some sort of yarn action. Your mom said you went yarn shopping!

Now you can vote!

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home