Monday, March 27, 2006

First Post

Welcome one and all to the new blog. You can still look at my old blog if you want, I'm going to put a link to it in the sidebar, so you can still rummage around over there. But this is where the posting shall be. Okay anyway, I have a dilemma with the Boy Socks.

They look way to big to me. But, what do I know, I've never knit socks for a guy. I know I know, I could have used that Handy Book Of Knitting Patterns, but was I thinking when I cast-on? No. I just guessed and went. I'm not entirely sure what size feet Ben has or anything, but I'm guessing they are similar to my brothers. And you know, socks stretch. So I'm now off to rip out this half of a cuff and start over. Joy.

UPDATE AT 9:50: About 10 minutes after posting, I found this knitting pattern: Wool-Ease Men's Grey Socks. I've got enough Wool-ease laying around to make them more interesting than just Grey, maybe a different colored ribbing, heel, and toe. But, I guess I'll use this pattern. I just ripped out the first one's I started. Maybe i'll save that yarn for socks for me or something.

6 Comments:

Blogger McNary & Company Realtors said...

I am making my first toe-up sock from the pattern at http://www.socknitters.com/toe-up/index.htm . From what I can tell, you can custom size as you knit, as well as knit until you run out of yarn! The only time you really need a foot measurement is at the beginning when you are knitting the toe increases. I just sized mine by putting it on until I was satisfied!! Just thought I would pop in with this suggestion!! Good luck!!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Kaity said...

Thanks, Heather!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The sock looks great to me. I love the yarn and striping. :)

2:19 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

oooh, cute layout!

3:19 PM  
Blogger jennifer said...

congrats on the new blog-a-roo!

8:23 PM  
Blogger DAWN said...

Welcome to your new digs, Kaity. Looks really good.
~ DAWN

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home